An Endowment is a source of income that is permanently set aside for the long-term benefit of the library.
- Gifts and bequests given to the Endowment Fund remain intact as principal to be invested. As the fund grows, earnings from the principal become an ongoing source of funding that can ensure the growth and advancement of the library for future generations.
- Individuals or organizations may wish to contribute to existing endowment funds by giving a considerable donation in honor or memory of someone special over an extended period of time.
The Foundation has established an endowed book fund used to supplement the Library's collection.
Other areas of giving include support for major programs and events, or special projects designed to improve Library facilities. The Endowment Fund accepts gifts such as:
- Monetary donations
- Bequests by will or living trust
- Stocks, bonds or other investments
- Beneficiary designations from life insurance policies, IRAs and other retirement plans
- Life income gifts, such as charitable gift annuities and charitable remainder trust
If you are interested in discussing Endowment Fund options, please contact Paige Owens, Library Director at (910) 798-6321 or email@example.com
Memorial and Honorary Gifts
A special way to honor friends and loved ones, and at the same time support your community, is to have books or materials purchased for your library with your monetary donation. You may do this to celebrate:
- Birth of a Child
- Other special occasions
- Someone’s life (Memorial)
Each item will have a bookplate identifying the person/group being honored.